The client is an American multinational tele communications conglomerate and a corporate component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average. In August 2020, they launched their IoT Marketplace, a new easy-to-use digital portal that helps customers - from small and medium-sized businesses to large enterprises -quickly purchase, activate and manage customized IoT solutions.
- Create an open architecture for the IOT platform that allows companies with disparate system to easily integrate and interact with the platform
- Provide real time intelligence to aid appropriate decision making
- Feed into the deep-learning and artificial intelligence models
- Work seamlessly with all the major cloud providers
- Easy integration with high performant infrastructure
The Process and Solutions
- Smart devices connect to platform via user defined protocol. A micro-service platform manages the connections between device and platform.
- The IOT platform is bunch of micro-services that communicate among one-another and derive business logic, which make sense in use-case
- A dedicated set of micro-services are responsible to stream the sensor information from device to customer configured cloud accounts
- A dedicated set of micro-services are responsible to notify customer though variety of notifications (email, SMS etc.)
- Some micro-services offer analytics and metric information that is derived from sensor information of devices
- Programming Languages: Golang, Java
- Datastores: Cassandra, Elastic Search
- Platform: Docker, Kubernetes
- Product Infrastructure: Kafka, Zookeeper
- Platform coupled with analytics infrastructure will offer real time intelligence and also help to feed deep-learning and Artificial Intelligence models, which in turn provides a way for customers to detect the outliers of their product
- Platform’ s ability to stream data to popular clouds AWS, GCP, Azure, provides more powerful use-cases and enhances the collaboration of major companies towards a common goal of IoT
- Almost every top company, has tapped the potential of IoT industry and are investing more and more. The primary reason for this, is that the value of data obtained from these sensor devices is priceless
- A platform agnostic of any IoT use-case ranging from different industries ,meaning any IoT use-case can be built on top of Thing space platform, as it provides the raw infrastructure for smart devices to connect and report data
- The agnostic nature of the platform with respect to use-case, has potentially opened up opportunities to integrate literally any IoT use-case.
- Platform when coupled with high performant infrastructure can offer time-sensitive intelligence to act up on, and also help automate corrective actions where and when necessary.
- Platform can also offer data-sink for the data received from welter of sensors installed Globally
- Advancements in 5G network is going to revolutionize IoT industry, and when coupled with Edge computing, there are no bounds for the efficiency these platforms can offer
Cogent Infotech is a national, awarding-winning MBE with over 15 years of experience working with the Federal, State and Local Governments. With over 100+ Government contracts, we thrive on long-term relations with our clients and the employees supporting them. Our substantial past performance and reputation for excellence attests to our continuous delivery of low-risk, high-quality, value-added solutions.