The client is an American multinational conglomerate holding company, head quartered in Dallas, Texas. It one of the world’s largest telecommunications companies, and the second largest provider of mobile telephone services with investments in media and entertainment. The client is on the top 50 Fortune500 rankings of the largest United States corporations, with revenues of in excess of $150 billion
The identity and access management platform currently being developed by the client for internal usage, and as part of overall application for external clients. the platform is organized into multiple sub-projects like FirstNet, Enterprise ,Business, etc. which implement different use-cases based on client requirements.
Among the many goals of the platform, some are simplification of an end-user’s authentication& authorization process through single sign-on capability, and expansion of options available to end-users by supporting biometric, facial, and/or smart device-based authentication.
The Process and Solutions
- Develop REST APIs and MVC controllers utilizing Spring Framework.
- Design responsive cross-browser web-pages utilizing HTML5/CSS3 and Bootstrap
- Develop back-end business logic utilizing Java programming language
- Perform test-driven development utilizing JUnit and Mockito frameworks
- Write SQL queries to perform CRUD operations in Oracle database
- Develop robust back-end business logic to interact with IBM SAM (Web SEAL) LDAP
- Utilize J Boss and Tomcat application servers to deploy web applications
- Utilize Git and Source tree for version control and source code management
- Utilize Eclipse IDE to develop and debug application code.
- Provides an integrated approach to enterprise authentication & single sign-on
- Replaced multiple redundant legacy applications for identity management
- Provides enhanced security through fine grain access control
- Enhanced login experience through responsive single page web application
- Single source of truth for user's identity and access related data
- Flexible architecture to support multi-tenant cross vertical applications.